Termite and Pest Control
Certain conditions make a location attractive to termites, reduce the chances of infestation by making the following steps.
- Keeping pipes and air-conditioning units in good repair as well as sealing pipes
- Keeping water away from the foundation and removing standing water from roofs
- Getting rid of excess plant cover and wood mulch around the house foundation
- Keep crawl spaces clear of lumber and paper and do not keep firewood around or outside the house
Obvious signs of termite infestation include.
- Wall cracks or blistered wooden areas in the home, like a floor, wall, window frame, or stud
- Narrow mud tubes along the base of the house
- Piles of seed-like pellets along a wall
- Termite swarms in or near a building, or shedded wings from flying termites
If Infestation Occurs, rely on Cummings Termite & Pest Control to asses and present the most effective treatment for maximum protection of your home.
Cummings utilizes non-repellant chemistry to control termites. Termidor®, the termiticide we utilize, is designed to sneak into the soil undetected by the termites. This allows the termites to move through the termiticide, picking up the active ingredient and carrying it back down into the colony, thus killing it from the inside out.